What the stats say! Incredible facts and Stats!
Having always been interested in facts and figures, I was highly enlightened when researching Social Media Statistics and moreover, bowled over by the potential out there for bloggers and small business owners!
Fascinating Social Media Statistics for Bloggers
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
- Interestingly, Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images
Visual content is 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Buffer, 2014) Articles with an image once every 75-100 words got double the number of social shares than articles with fewer images.
Remarkably, images affect emotion, and, according to Psychology Today, emotion has an influential role in consumers’ purchase decisions.
Facebook – Social Media Statistics
Mark Zuckerberg is the founder, chairman and CEO of Facebook.
Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Now, after nearly 14 years of existing, Facebook has become, by far, the largest social network in the world.
When it comes to social media statistics, Facebook tends to be the standard that all other networks are now compared to.
- 55% of marketers chose Facebook as their most important social media platform.
- 75% to 90% of a Facebook Ad’s Performance is Based on Images
- 83% of Millennials Are On Facebook
- 84% Of 30-49 Year Olds Use Facebook
- In an analysis of over 1 million articles, BuzzSumo found that articles with an image once every 75-100 words received double the social media shares as articles with fewer images.
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images.
- Total Number of Monthly Active Users: 2.2 billion
- The Total Number of Mobile Monthly Active Users: 1.66 billion
- Total Number of Desktop Daily Active Users: 1.368 billion
- Total number of Mobile Daily Active Users: 1.57 billion
- Facebook users watch 8 billion videos per day
- 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound.
- Lastly, organic Facebook engagement is highest on posts with videos (13.9%) and photos (13.7%).
Twitter – Social Media Statistics
- Twitter daily active users are approximately 100 million.
- Close to 460,000 new twitter accounts are registered every day.
- The number of tweets daily is more than 140 million which adds up to a billion tweets in a week.
- Each twitter user has on average 208 followers.
- 550 million accounts are reported to have at least sent a tweet.
- 81% of Millennials Check Twitter At Least Once Per Day
Notably, tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images
Pinterest – Social Media Statistics
- In its 8 years, it has achieved the following milestones:
- Pinterest has 200 million monthly active users.
- 70 million of its active users are from the United States.
- Unbelievably, the t
otalnumber of Pinterest pins is more than 50 billion.
- The total number of Pinterest boards are approximately 1 billion.
- In a day, Pinterest is visited by 2 million users who save shopping pins on their boards.
- 80% Of Millennials Say Pinterest Helps Them Find What They Want To Buy
- Shopify users referred by Pinterest spend an average of $80 compared to the Facebook referral average of $40.
- 44% of online women use Pinterest, compared to 16% of online men.
- Over 80% of pins are re-pins compared to 1.4% of tweets retweeted.
Instagram – Social Media Statistics
After 8 years of its existence, take a look at some of these fascinating Instagram statistics:~
- Total Number of Monthly Active Instagram Users: 800 million
- The total Number of Daily Active Instagram Users: 500 million
- Instagram Stories Daily Active Users: 300 million
- Number of Photos Shared to Date: 40 billion
- Number of Businesses on Instagram: 25 million
- The number of Instagram Likes per day: 4.2 billion
- Number of Photos uploaded per day: 95 million, up from 70 million last year
- 68% of Instagram users are Females.
- Most Instagram users are between 18 to 29 years of age with 32% of Instagram users being college students.
- Over Half Of Instagram Users Are Between The Ages of 18-29
A new Facebook post, a picture on Instagram, a tweet on Twitter… and yet you’re not seeing any momentum and growth? But, because everyone else seems to be hammering home the importance of doing this stuff, you sit and stare at your keyboard trying to find something else to say to your audience, but you’re getting no more customers. It sucks, right?
Well, you know what? The truth is that this is one of the biggest time-killers in business. You keep posting and posting and hoping that growth will come. It’s exhausting and you’re not gaining you any more customers. And, if you’re not gaining customers, it means that your business is slowly withering away. It’s dying.
The Right Place
The trick is to be in the right place; where your ideal customers are spending time. You can then create content that will ENGAGE with your audience and win
Are you struggling to do it all and be everywhere?
I can’t impress on you enough! It is super important that you stick to a schedule and your goals. Both in the immediate (“I will keep writing until I hit my word goal for the day”) and in your long-term goal – keep those goals in clear focus. So if you need help with fitting it all into a day, take a look at my post here.
Join The Organised Bloggers Email Club and Receive a Free Gift
I’ve made you a fabulous treat! A FREE Bloggers Social Media Tracker, to enable you to trial a selection of posts across social media. Track the movers and shakers and cross off those that plummet!
The Free Social Media Tracker includes:
- Tips to find your ideal reader
- Social Media content experiment lists
- Calendar tracker
- Monthly social media goal tracker
I’m sure you’ll agree, there are some incredible and somewhat fascinating facts here that, if nothing else, impress upon you how important social media is. Bringing your audience closer to you that will
Don’t forget if
Why not join The Organised Bloggers Club and you will get instant FREE access to my resource library which is only open to the club. Join now! (I add new resources every month, so don’t miss out!)